- You will work closely with the President, Director of Business Development and other members of the management team to ensure the effective and efficient coordination of MBH’s business development activities in support of the company’s aggressive expansion plans.
- Proactively seek to conserve/protect the time of the President and Director of Business Development by effectively qualifying opportunities, screening calls/emails, drafting correspondence, presentations, and other documents, directing inquiries to the most appropriate people within the Company, coordinating client/partner meetings, keeping meeting minutes, following up and driving accountability for important action items/tasks.
- Use your strong judgment to allocate time/people (internally and externally) to meetings based on their priority, stage and value of the opportunity.
- Plan and work to proactively address the business development needs of the company.
- Conduct research and produce reporting to help support the decision making of the Executive team.
- Ensure records are properly maintained within MBH’s sales force automation system.
- Assist in preparing materials/assembling investor packages, key agreements, and board packages.
- Other projects and tasks as directed by the President.
What You Can Expect In This Role:
- If you are a sponge with a strong desire to learn and grow, you will learn A LOT about real estate development, hotel management, commercial construction, finance, and business in general. If you are not, you will likely be overwhelmed and ineffective.
- A very modest starting salary with an opportunity to exponentially scale your total compensation and responsibility based on your performance.
- A significant volume of work and steep learning curve.
- Continuously shifting and competing priorities that need to be effectively managed.
- We will invest in your personal career development.
MasterBUILT Offers Everyone:
- A corporate culture that our employees describe as “Entrepreneurial, Results Focused, Relationship Oriented, Supportive of Growth & Learning, Collaborative, Empowering and Fun”
- An opportunity to put your creativity to work: we are the trend setters, not the ones fighting to catch up
- A competitive compensation package that rewards individual and team performance
- A flexible benefits package that recognizes various personal/family situations
- A financial investment into your personal and career development
- A supportive and accessible management team who walk the talk
MasterBUILT® Hotels (“MBH”) is an industry leader in the development, construction, management and investment in best-in-class focused service hotels across Canada. At MBH, we live and breathe new build hotels… developing more than anyone else in the country. Being an industry leader means we are always in search of the best people that share our passion for hospitality, connect with our four Core Obsessions, are Ideal Team Players, and a have a desire to learn and grow with one of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted.