- Act as the property manager on duty when assigned to do so
- Take the appropriate action to respond to guest needs and maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Assist the General Manager to ensure all reporting and analysis is completed and communicated in a timely manner
- Participate in revenue management activities and monitor the PMS to ensure that all rates and applicable rate codes are loaded correctly
- Participate in site sales, sales and marketing activities and serve as a key identifier of business leads among customers and broader market
- Take part in weekly/daily management meetings
- Assist the General Manager in hiring staff
- Ensure new employees go through complete orientation and are provided with required training
- Has in place an on-going training program for all front desk personnel
- Assist the General Manager to ensure that all policies, procedures, legislative requirements are followed with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, safety, etc.
- Perform any additional duties or responsibilities as delegated by the General Manager
- Ensure all staff are working to agreed, realistic activity plans and appraised on an annual basis in line with company policy
- Brief and debrief staff, hold regular departmental meetings, actively encourage communication with other departments within the hotel
- Ensure adequate supply of materials and equipment in accordance with the departmental budget
- Liaise with the General Manager in the hiring and orientation of all staff
- Ensure that standards of punctuality, staff appearance and dress are maintained at all times in accordance with MasterBUILT policies
- Encourage teamwork and innovative ideas to develop a motivated work force
- Carry out the duties of an absent staff member and/or assist in another department as necessary
- Ensure all staff are competent in the safe and effective use of equipment/chemicals in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure compliance with company and house rules
- Work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary
- Monitor customer service levels and coach employees with alternative methods of responding to customer requests
- Monitor customer satisfaction ratings and develop plans to maintain or increase customer satisfaction as required
Sales and Marketing
- Implement marketing initiatives that align with hotel branding in collaboration with corporate sales
- Increase visibility of the hotel by actively participating in the community and community events
- Serve as a key sales lead generator for corporate sales
- A compensation package that provides incentives and rewards performance
- A flexible benefits package that supports various personal/family situations and work environments
- A rewarding corporate culture that fosters a positive team and family spirit
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
- A fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement
Please apply online at https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=54. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs) are not supported for this position. Legal entitlement to work in Canada is required.
About MasterBUILT Hotels:
MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class, select service hotels across Canada. MasterBUILT lives and breathes hospitality, developing more ground up hotels than other company in North America. As a Gold Standard winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, MasterBUILT believes in investing in the development of talented people with a passion for delivering exceptional results and a desire to learn and grow.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham is an all new construction, limited service hotel brand targeting the midscale segment of the market. Part of the Wyndham Hotel Group family of brands, Microtel has won the JD Power & Associates award for top guest satisfaction in its segment 12 of the past 13 years – an unprecedented achievement in any industry – and has consistently been rated #1 in its segment for RevPAR market penetration in the U.S. (based on STR data).
Within Canada, Microtel is the fastest growing new construction brand in the country with over 40 new hotels scheduled to open by 2025. Microtel’s rapid growth is backed by the strength of MasterBUILT® Hotels’ commitment to develop at least 75 Microtel hotels by 2036, making it one of the most dynamic new brands to ever enter the Canadian marketplace.