Financial Reporting, Accounting, Compliance (ASPE) and Tax
- Perform the day to day bookkeeping and general ledger maintenance for various companies and investments including family entities, corporations and project-specific entities.
- Perform all day to day accounting procedures such as A/R, tax payments, electronic & paper payments, receivables recording, and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain updated accounting records on a weekly basis to ensure cash balances are accurate and reliable for making quick decisions.
- Ensure month-ends are completed with accurate coding that includes self-error checking for accuracy and consistency prior to providing the package for review by the CFO.
- Prepare the draft annual budget and work alongside the CFO to align the budget with overall company objectives and strategy.
- Accurately prepare all underlying federal and provincial sales tax reporting across multiple entities and deal-specific entities in a timely manner, ensure compliance within the allotted timelines.
- Accurately prepare year-end filings as needed to meet compliance matters such as annual T2 nil return filings, T4A’s, T5’s and other compliance slips that are generated from the underlying investments and corporations.
- Assist in preparation of year-end working papers for year-end purposes and follow up to review the draft financials and tax using a pre-set checklist in conjunction with CFO. Ensure finalized financials and taxes are executed and stored digitally for ready access.
- Coordinate personal tax matters for stakeholders including both CAD and US taxes, working in conjunction with CFO and external professionals.
- Produce regular reporting on an established monthly and quarterly schedule that includes a comprehensive understanding the underlying investments which lends to providing commentary to accompany the reporting.
- Respond to, and anticipate needs for ad-hoc reporting on specific investments and cash flow in order to provide comprehensive information for stakeholders’ decisions.
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of quarterly consolidated investment reporting, working closely with the CFO on reporting packages for stakeholders.
- Receive, review and digitally file monthly reporting from underlying entities and investments and work closely with the corporate team to communicate key pieces of information regularly to stakeholders using pre-set distribution lists.
- Review new investment legal documentation and prepare summary sheets using a pre-set template which captures the business specifics and financial metrics to be used with ongoing tracking.
- Prepare reporting packages for both pre-set meeting (family meetings) and also ad-hoc investment meetings.
Treasury Management & Profitability
- Lead the monitoring of cash balances throughout all entities and make recommendations to CFO for adjustments or short-term investments as needed. Prepare and report on group cash flow bi-weekly for review with CFO and stakeholders.
- Coordinate charge-backs of costs amongst on-site related entities, ensuring accurate cost allocations and charge-backs to related entities.
- Continually assess and make recommendations for implementing cost controls that positively impact bottom line profits.
Communications & Administration
- Regularly attend pre-set meetings as a fully contributing member which includes proactively planning for priorities and collaborating on meeting stakeholder needs.
- Work within establish policies and procedures but also critically monitoring and recommending changes to ensure best practices are adhered to as needs may change.
- Be a key contributor on year-end compliance planning and execution, working closely with CFO. Ensure timing is executed as planned and keep deliverables on target. Contribute to preparing year-end working papers and ensure underlying financial information is collected and included.
- Work closely with Administrator to coordinate onsite and offsite document storage to ensure it meets compliance needs for CRA purposes.
- Field queries from investment partners who may be needing information or explanations and ensuring reliable and professional information is shared but also escalating to CFO for support as needed.
Superior Lodging Corp. Offers:
- A competitive compensation package that promotes goal achievement
- Exceptional time off programs that reward the “work hard, play hard” spirit
- A cooperative and entrepreneurial management team committed to your success
- Dynamic office environment located in a character building in Calgary’s vibrant beltline district
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2014, 2015 and 2016
Please visit https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=59 to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those deemed qualified will be contacted.
About Superior Lodging Corp.
Superior Lodging Corp. is a national hotel development and real estate investment company that has been delivering consistent high-yielding returns for investors in the hospitality sector for over 20 years. Widely recognized for developing Super 8® into one of Canada's most successful hotel brands, Superior Lodging continues to lead the way in delivering exciting new brands to the Canadian hotel marketplace while providing hotel owners with exceptional results through a highly disciplined and transparent approach to doing business.